A major appliance is a major decision, and it’s easy to feel overwhelmed when you decide it’s time to buy one. Here are five tips to help you buy the best appliance for your needs.
- Impulse buys are for the grocery store, not the appliance store. Think about what you’re doing before leaving for the shop. What are the features that are the most important to you? Energy efficiency? Looks? Warranty? Make a list of what really matters and compare it to the appliances you consider.
- Make sure it fits in your space. We’re not talking about ambiance here, but rather about a literal measurement. Bring your kitchen plan with you to Better Housekeeping Shop when you’re shopping so we can best help you find an appliance that won’t be too big for your allotted space—and will even fit through the kitchen door!
- Do your homework before making a decision. Check out the appliances you need and their price ranges so you don’t get sticker shock when you go shopping. Knowing ahead of time what you can—and can’t—afford is essential to heading off buyer’s remorse.
- Don’t be fooled by a pretty face. Over the past 20 years, manufacturers have been paying close attention to aesthetics and producing appliances that are actually beautiful. Keep in mind what you want the appliance to do, rather than how beautiful it will look in your kitchen.
- Check it out. In real life. Buying appliances online is possible, but you’ll never understand how an appliance might work for you unless you touch it and speak to our experts at Better Housekeeping Shop. Experience matters and our experts are here to advise and guide you—show and tell you the pros and cons and share our industry knowledge.
Ah, number three, the budget: no-one’s favorite part of shopping, but the good news is that we can help you there! Thermador—one of the most respected names in major kitchen appliances—is currently offering a special called One-Two-Free: when you buy a cooking appliance package, you will receive a free dishwasher. If you add in refrigeration, you can get even more, with savings up to $6,000.
Want to learn more? Stop by Better Housekeeping Shop to speak with one of our experts and ask us how you can take advantage of Thermador’s offer for your new kitchen appliances!