Let’s face it, a lot of people are intimidated when it comes to grilling fish. Why? Well, fish is usually more expensive than chicken or pork or beef, and it’s often hard to tell when your fish is done when you’re grilling.
But armed with your Viking grill and a few easy tips, you can successfully grill salmon, tuna, shrimp and more with ease. And there are few things that are more delicious than fish fresh off the grill!
Here are some ways to make sure you grill your fish right:
- Always bring your fish up to room temperature before you grill it.
- A little goes a long way with marinades. If you want to marinate your fish, remember that citrus will “cook” it before you even get it to the grill, so keep marinade times around 10 minutes.
- Fish cooks more quickly than other meats, but resist the temptation to cook it at a lower heat—that will dry it out. Cook your fish on medium-high to sear all the flavor in.
- Be oily—it’s not enough to brush oil on the fish, you need to be generous with it on the grill itself as well. Let the fish sear on one side (this usually takes about five minutes) before flipping it so it doesn’t stick.
- Your total time should be eight to 10 minutes per inch of fish. We’re talking about measuring thickness, not length!
- If you’re feeling adventurous, cook the fish whole (your market can prepare it for you) and stuff it with herbs or other seasoning. It’s actually easier to cook it whole than in filets!
And Viking’s outdoor kitchens make prep, grilling, and cleanup a breeze! The 5 Series has built-in LED lights for better visibility when grilling at night, and optional components that include a side burner, wok cooker, warming drawers, ventilation, under-counter refrigeration, and stainless steel cabinets.
(Just watch out—you may end up liking your outdoor kitchen even better than your indoor one!)
Everyone can do burgers and chicken on the grill, but impress your friends not just with your fabulous new Viking outdoor grill—but also with the fresh fish you’ll be serving up!
Why not stop by Better Housekeeping Shop today and see what Viking can offer your next barbecue? Visit our shopping website here: http://www.betterhousekeeping.com