Okay, so shopping for major appliances might not be the sexiest thing to do during this monster shopping season. If you watch TV, you probably think that most people are looking at jewelry, cars, and clothing this week.
But shopping for appliances during this end-of-year, holiday season is a great way to save money. And saving money on big-ticket items is always a winning decision. As with many items on Black Friday, major appliances see their best prices of the year during this time: this is, honestly, the best time to buy appliances.
And it’s the best time to buy them at the Better Housekeeping Shop, because already we guarantee the best prices in New Jersey on all of your home appliances: refrigerators, dishwashers, ovens, ranges, washers, dryers, and more! Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, PC Richards, and other big-box stores will always have bigger advertising budgets than our independent family-run business. But don’t let this fool you” we get great values from our buying association and we pass them along to you.
We always offer you deals that you can’t get anywhere else—and this month is no exception. Visit our showroom in Red Bank for the best Black Friday deals around, and relax: we’ve also got the best service around. We’ll be installing your new appliances and getting you up and running in no time—so you can spend more time with your family and friends, and less time in the kitchen!
For many of you, this week includes football games. Whether you’ve already bought your new appliances, or are just anticipating them, here are a few quick and easy ways to keep the focus on the game and those who’ve joined you to cheer your team on!
So here’s our question: What’s wrong with grilling in the late fall? So it may be cold out, but your grill is working just fine! (and, we have lots of Weber grills in stock and ready for holiday delivery) Grill outside, eat inside, and make cleanup after the game a breeze with these easy and popular dishes:
Grilled sausages: Italian or Polish, sweet or hot, sausages grill beautifully and are always a favorite! Cut them and serve on toothpicks with dipping sauces.
Grilled pepper poppers: Here’s how to make and grill these delicious finger-foods that will have everyone coming back for more:
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well. Spoon about 2 teaspoons cheese mixture into each pepper half. Place pepper halves, cheese side up, on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill peppers 5 minutes or until bottoms of peppers are charred and cheese mixture is lightly browned. Carefully place peppers on a serving platter. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Grilled potato skins: Who said you can’t do them on the grill? But what’s a football game without them? Try this easy version and see what you think:
- 2 cooked russet potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- toothpicks, soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 1 small bunch asparagus, trimmed to just the top 1/3 of the spears
- BBQ sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- sour cream
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
- Peel each potato and cut ends off, (so they are flat on both sides), then cut in half across the center. Scoop out 1/2-inch of the potato’s center to form a crater. Wrap a piece of bacon around each chunk of potato and secure with toothpicks to keep the bacon in place.
- Put the potatoes on the grill, cut side down, until the bacon is cooked. Flip once to get color on each side. Cover with foil to create a tent and turn heat down to medium to “steam” the potatoes. Put the asparagus on the grill and coat with BBQ sauce. Remove the foil from the potatoes, add the cheese to the crevice and cook until melted.
- Arrange a potato in the center of each plate and remove the toothpicks. Stick 3 to 4 pieces of asparagus in the cheese crevice so the asparagus is standing upright. Garnish with sour cream and serve.
Who says that your grill is just for summertime entertaining? Use it now and wow everyone who’s there for the game: the taste just can’t be beat, even if someone’s team is.
And think about upgrading that grill this month. At Better Housekeeping Shop, we know we can help you score a culinary touchdown with our great appliance deals! Why not ask us how today?